Friday, November 18, 2011

And all God's people say...

Most of you have already heard the news about my grandfather, so this post is to piggyback off of my status yesterday...


After her time with Papa yesterday, my mom did not tell my grandmother that Papa had received Christ... Instead, asked the Lord for one more, itsy, bitsy favor. "Please give me confirmation through someone else." this morning, my mom went upstairs, having decided to tell Booch. Papa was asleep on the couch. She leaned down, gave Booch a hug and said, "I have something to tell you...." with tears running down her face, Booch said, "I already know. Dad didn't take long after I got home last night to tell me he had received Christ." All my life, I prayed for this day, but it wasn't until I got older that I learned to pray WITH FAITH, as opposed to with doubt, because I honestly never believed this day would come. But over the past 6 months, so much has changed, and besides just praying with faith, I prayed with confidence. Knowing it could happen. Expecting it to happen...and it did. On November 17th, 2011, at approximately 3:15 on the afternoon, Michael DeMarco Jr., received the free gift of salvation, and his name is now forever written in the Lambs Book of Life.

"...for what will it profit a man, if he gains the whole world but loses his soul?..."

Guess we don't need to ask that question of him anymore...Big Papa has it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment